FIRST volunteers play a significant role in the success of the organization while demonstrating the importance of Gracious Professionalism at all times. Volunteers who support FIRST Program Events have the unique and exciting opportunity to watch our young participants learn, invent, cooperate and compete while having a lot of fun at the competition.
From judging and reviewing, to refereeing and team registration, there are many roles that need to be filled at FIRST LEGO League Challenge and FIRST LEGO League Explore events. Check out the list of upcoming events for information on FIRST LEGO League Explore Festivals and FIRST LEGO League Challenge Qualifying Tournaments and provincial championships where you can volunteer! Come get involved and be inspired!
Through judging, robot inspecting, refereeing, and team registration, there are many roles that need to be filled at FIRST Tech Challenge events. Check out the list of upcoming events for information and where you can volunteer, and the full list of volunteer role descriptions. Come get involved and be inspired!
To Register as a Volunteer
Step 1 - Register
Register yourself in the FIRST Volunteer Dashboard. Check out the registration step-by-step and the guide if you have any trouble! To see all event listings visit the event page at firstroboticscanada.org/events
Stay tuned for more information! They’ll be posted at firstroboticscanada.org/events
Step 2 - Youth Protection Program
Step 3 - Training
If not, you’re good to go. Thanks for taking an active role in the FIRST community!
Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Treat everyone fairly, regardless of gender, ethnic background, religion, political belief, or economic status.
- Conduct yourself in a manner that demonstrates a positive role model and a responsible steward of FIRST.
- Respect the dignity of the participants and all other Volunteers.
- Always ensure the safety of participants and Volunteers.
- Refrain from public criticism of participants or other Volunteers, use of profane, insulting, harassing, or otherwise offensive language while volunteering.
- Abstain from and discourage the use of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco products in conjunction with the FIRST event
Dress Code: Take your lead from the Volunteer Coordinator at the event and dress appropriately for the job you are doing. Casual clothing is fine, but we ask that your attire be neat and conservative.
Equal Opportunity: FIRST provides an equal Volunteering opportunity for everyone regardless of age, sex, color, race or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. All matters relating to Volunteering are based upon ability to perform the job, as well as dependability and reliability.
Non-Compliance: Failure to adhere to policies of FIRST is cause for release