The Argosy Foundation is empowering FTC SIM users to take their robotics experience to the next level by providing 140 x $1000 USD grants towards starting a competitive FIRST Tech Challenge Team!
FIRST Tech Challenge teams (up to 15 team members, grades 7-12) are challenged to design, build, program, and operate robots to compete in a head-to-head challenge in an alliance format. Guided by adult coaches and mentors, students develop STEM skills and practice engineering principles while realizing the value of hard work, innovation, and teamwork. The robot kit is reusable from year to year and can be coded using a variety of levels of Java-based programming. Teams design and build robots, raise funds, design and market their team brand, and do community outreach to earn specific awards. Participants are eligible to apply for $80M+ in college scholarships.
How to Receive the Grant
- Use Blocks or Java code to collect the lightning bolts and complete the levels! Once you have collected them all, your custom code will appear on the achievements page. After reading the steps to receive the grant.
- This can be a parent/guardian, teacher, or principal.
Use this link to find your local FIRST Tech Challenge Program Delivery Partner to find out more about what the season looks like in your area
- Create/login to your FIRST account
- Watch our step-by-step create a team registration walkthrough video
- Rookie team registration manual
DO NOT complete the payment portion of the registration.
You will need the following information:
- Grant Code: Found on the “Achievements” page on ftcsim.org
- FTC SIM User
- name: This is the email or username used to sign into the account that the grant code was awarded to
- Temporary Team Number: Your FTC temporary team will be a 9-digit team number that looks like “2022XXXXX”
- When the grant has been approved and applied to the team's account, the adult who started the registration process will receive a notification to complete the team registration and use the grant to purchase the registration and robot components.
While you are waiting for your robot components to ship, you can get familiar with the following resources: