Students will explore the engineering design cycle by designing, building, and programming a robot to solve challenges on a game field while recording their season’s journey in their Engineering Notebook. Each season, students on teams will compete against each other in a yearly challenge. This year’s challenge looks at the future of transportation. From the shipment of packages in rural and urban areas to disaster relief delivery and high-tech air transit, teams will re-imagine faster, more reliable, inclusive, and sustainable transportation innovations that better connect and grow communities and economies around the world.
- Teachers commit to running this program in their classrooms (program has the depth and breadth to accommodate a full semester of content but is flexible to the teacher’s needs) (for grades 7-12)
Teachers receive (all FREE)
- FTC Competition robotics set (x5) (~$7K value)
- Initial training and on-going support
- Access to LMS with online modules including videos, ppts, lesson plans, and other resources to ensure success (~ $1100 value)
- Meetings with support staff (office hours)
- Access to FTC SIM (online coding simulator)
- Game pieces for in-class competition
Equipment & Materials
- Space to store and work on robots (Each kit is approx. 24” x 14” x 13” in size)
- Space for a 8’ x 8’ field
- Devices for codin
FTC ROBOTICS KITS INCLUDE
- Studica Ltd Robotics Channel
- FTC legal motors
- Controllers & Sensors
- REV Drivers Hub & Control Hub
FREE for select Pilot Schools! A limited number of opportunities are available on a first-come, first-served basis. (Max 2 schools per School Board)
- FIRST Canada will provide full funding for a classroom teacher to integrate FIRST Tech Challenge into their curriculum.
- Schools will commit to running a FIRST Tech Challenge Class Pack (5 teams) In the 2021-22 and 2022-23 school years.
- Schools will apply for a grant from FIRST Canada that will cover ALL costs associated with participating in the program
- Schools will purchase the Class Pack Registration from FIRST HQ and FIRST Canada will provide the FTC Robots from Studica Ltd.
- FIRST Canada will provide career guest speakers for your students
- Schools will participate in a reporting process to FIRST Canada
- Teachers will host an in-class competition as a culminating project