VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION CHECK IN AND SCREENING PROCESS
- Complete the YU Screening
- Show an enhanced vaccine certificate with QR Code.
- Have proof of ID
- Age 16+ photo ID is required
- Age 16 and under photo ID is preferred
- Complete the YU screen for each day that you come to the York Event
- Continue as “Guest” and Start Screening
- If you do not have a phone or have not completed screening, FIRST Staff and volunteers will help you get screened. Please note this process will take longer as we only have a limited amount of devices at check in.
- After screening, you should get an orange box similar to the image on your right. You will need to show this at the YU entrance
- If anyone is not able to produce proof of double vaccination they will be refused entry into our buildings.
Registration and Checkin
- All Volunteers must be registered with the Volunteer Coordinator prior to the event
- All volunteers will get a wristband for each day
- For VOLUNTEERS attending Friday, Saturday or Sunday, screening and registration will happen at
Tait McKenzie Centre, 1 Thompson Rd , North York, Ontario M3J 1P3
Toronto Transit (TTC) York University has two TTC subway stations on campus along the Yonge-University (Line 1) subway route: York University Station and Pioneer Village Station. The closest station to get to the Tait McKenzie Centre is Pioneer Village Station. Once you get off at Pioneer Village, walk south to reach the Tait McKenzie Centre. Please refer to this page for more information on other transits
Parking: Parking is available in a number of lots near the sport and recreation facilities at York University. Daily parking rates apply in all of these lots. Daily parking rate information can be found on here
Download the HonkMobile App and pay for your parking spot with ease.
You can park for free at at the following TDSB school’s
Driftwood Public School (265 Driftwood Avenue, North York, M3N 2N6)
Brookview Middle School (4505 Jane Street, North York, M3N 2K7)
CLICK on the above link to PRINT AND DISPLAY THE PARKING PERMITS IF YOU ARE PARKING AT THE SCHOOLS
Failure to display the parking permit/tag issued may result in the vehicle being tagged and/or towed away at the owner’s expense and cancellation of parking privileges.
The nearest available lots include:
- Thompson Rd Lot (South of Tait McKenzie Centre) – access from Ian MacDonald Blvd., off the south side of the roundabout and on the south side of the Tait McKenzie Centre (use the road to the east of the Tait McKenzie Centre)
- Northwest Gate Lot (64) and Shoreham Lot (63) are also closer and accessible.
- Founders Rd. East Visitors Lot – access from Founders Rd.
- Arboretum Lane Parking Garage – access from Shoreham Drive and Ian MacDonald Blvd
- Also note, we have information that there is a TTC Parking see map below:
- This is public parking and parking is at your own risk.
- Daily weekday price is ~$7, the afternoon price from 3pm-2am is ~$2, it is free on the weekends. It is a 10 min walk https://www.ttc.ca/subway-stations/pioneer-village-station