TEAM ATTENDANCE, ROSTER AND CONSENT FORM
IMPORTANT ACTION DUE: MARCH 15, 2022
Please remember to assign up to a maximum of 25 attendees (including all students, teachers, mentors, and anyone else affiliated with the team) from your team who will be attending the event. Here is what we need from you
- Please complete the Spreadsheet Template here
- Complete the Team Roster on the FIRST Inspires Dashboard and download the team roster
Please upload the above 2 documents here (excel template listing team members attending the event + team roster)
SCREENING AND REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT FOR ALL ATTENDEES:
- Complete the YU Screening
- Show an enhanced vaccine certificate with QR Code.
- Have proof of ID
- Age 16+ photo ID is required
- Age 16 and under photo ID is preferred
- Complete the YU screen for each day that you come to the York Event
- Continue as “Guest” and Start Screening
- If you do not have a phone or have not completed screening, FIRST Staff and volunteers will help you get screened. Please note this process will take longer as we only have a limited amount of devices at check in.
- After screening, you should get an orange box similar to the image on your right. You will need to show this at the YU entrance
- If anyone is not able to produce proof of double vaccination they will be refused entry into our buildings.
TEAM LOAD IN REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- For teams loading in on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, screening and registration will happen at the load in entry point below.
- Load In Team Members and Driver must come to the Tait McKenzie Centre entrance at Ian McDonald Blvd and Northwest Gate (see map below)
- To Enter, YOU SHOULD BE ON THE TEAM ATTENDANCE LIST AND ON THE TEAM ROSTER
- Each team MUST bring maximum 5 team representatives (1 must be an adult) to off load your trailer/car and take items to PIT
- NOTE: DRIVER CANNOT LEAVE THE VEHICLE AT ANY TIME
- Each member will get a load in-wrist band
- Pack for quick load/unload – large bins/NO loose items, bring dollies to help you transport your load
- Team helpers (if not in truck), must arrive before truck arrives or load in may not happen
- CHECK IN at the PIT ADMIN Desk that you have arrived.
- Teams will have 1 hour time from Load In time to set up your PITS
- Load In Area/Map: Teams should come to the Tait McKenzie Centre entrance at Ian McDonald Blvd and Northwest Gate.
- Load in will be at your scheduled time
- Please refer below to the map for load in area
- Trailers, trucks and vans can park at the Founders Parking Lot EAST (66) ONLY. See map here. If you are taking 2 spots, please pay for 2 spots.
TEAM REGISTRATION AND CHECK IN
For teams attending Saturday or Sunday, screening and registration will happen
LOCATION : Tait McKenzie Centre, 1 Thompson Rd , North York, Ontario M3J 1P3
Toronto Transit (TTC) York University has two TTC subway stations on campus along the Yonge-University (Line 1) subway route: York University Station and Pioneer Village Station. The closest station to get to the Tait McKenzie Centre is Pioneer Village Station. Once you get off at Pioneer Village, walk south to reach the Tait McKenzie Centre. Please refer to this page for more information on other transits
Parking: Parking is available in a number of lots near the sport and recreation facilities at York University. Daily parking rates apply in all of these lots. Daily parking rate information can be found on here
Download the HonkMobile App and pay for your parking spot with ease.
You can park for free at at the following TDSB school’s
Driftwood Public School (265 Driftwood Avenue, North York, M3N 2N6)
Brookview Middle School (4505 Jane Street, North York, M3N 2K7)
CLICK on the above link to PRINT AND DISPLAY THE PARKING PERMITS IF YOU ARE PARKING AT THE SCHOOLS
Failure to display the parking permit/tag issued may result in the vehicle being tagged and/or towed away at the owner’s expense and cancellation of parking privileges.
The nearest available lots include:
- Thompson Rd Lot (South of Tait McKenzie Centre) – access from Ian MacDonald Blvd., off the south side of the roundabout and on the south side of the Tait McKenzie Centre (use the road to the east of the Tait McKenzie Centre)
- Northwest Gate Lot (64) and Shoreham Lot (63) are also closer and accessible.
- Founders Rd. East Visitors Lot – access from Founders Rd.
- Arboretum Lane Parking Garage – access from Shoreham Drive and Ian MacDonald Blvd
Also note, we have information that there is a TTC Parking see map below:
- This is public parking and parking is at your own risk.
- Daily weekday price is ~$7, the afternoon price from 3pm-2am is ~$2, it is free on the weekends. It is a 10 min walk https://www.ttc.ca/subway-stations/pioneer-village-station