The Costs Involved in Forming a FIRST Robotics Competition team
FIRST Robotics Competition Team Registration and Payments
There are costs involved with forming a FIRST Robotics Competition team and they can vary from team to team and across districts/regions. Ontario is a “District” area for FRC events.
After registering as normal at firstinspires.org without paying any fees, Ontario FRC teams will be issued an invoice (from FIRST Robotics Canada) for the net balance your team owes for registration. This invoice will show the balance of what is owing based on your 2022 veteran/rookie team registration fees and will show any team grants that have been applied to your account.
The amount of team registration is as follows:
- Ontario Veteran FRC team – $7,500 CAD (paid to FIRST Robotics Canada)
- Ontario Rookie FRC team – $6,500 CAD (includes a $2,000 CAD Ontario Provincial grant). Rookie Teams can also apply for the $4000 USD grant.
The above fees would include 2 Ontario District events, team registration, and a robot competition kit of parts (KOP).
Note that a 3rd district event on top of the two events included in the registration costs above will cost an additional $1,300 CAN for Ontario District teams and $1,000 USD for US-based district teams. Payments should be made directly to FIRST Robotics Canada.
Payments must be made in Canadian dollars to FIRST Robotics Canada by November 30, 2021. Should your team receive additional grants after the invoice date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate grant information and payment.
Credit Card – Click the link on your invoice that states “Pay with Credit Card” and credit card information will need to be provided in the following screen.
Cheque – Cheques to be made payable to FIRST Robotics Canada. Please indicate your team number and that the payment is for registration in the memo section of the cheque and send it to FIRST Robotics Canada’s post office box at:
P.O. Box 518
Purchase Order (School Boards Only) – E-mail the purchase order to email@example.com. Net 30 payment terms apply. Purchase orders are accepted only from school boards.
If you require more information about registering or applying grants to registration fees, contact John Hobbins at firstname.lastname@example.org
FEE REFUNDS AND VOUCHERS:
All Ontario teams will have their Robot Kits shipped to FIRST Canada and teams will receive their Kit of Parts through FIRST Canada Kickoff locations.
All Ontario Teams will have to go through FIRST Canada for:
- Registration fee payment
- Receiving Kit of Parts (KOP)
- Event cancellations and changes
- Additional Events
Team Registration and Cancellation:
If you decide not to participate in the season following team registration, please reach out to email@example.com
- 100% of the Initial Registration Fee will be refunded if the refund request is submitted to FIRST Canada before the Team receives the KOP
- After you have received your KOP, Initial Registration Fees will not be refunded under any other circumstances, even if the FIRST Robotics Competition season is canceled, in whole or in part.
Event Registration, Change, and Cancellation:
If your Team is not able to attend any event (i.e. no plays at all) because of circumstances beyond its control:
- please reach out to John Hobbins as soon as possible
- please contact FIRST HQ by submitting to FIRST HQ an Event Status Change Request Form (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org), and FIRST HQ will issue to the Team a voucher for $1000 off the Initial Registration Fee for the 2023 Season.
For Event change requests resulting from circumstances beyond the team’s control, please contact email@example.com.
Additional Event Fee(s)
- For additional 3rd play Ontario District events, if a team is unable to attend an Additional Event for which they have registered, because of circumstances beyond its control, the Team must notify FIRST Canada – firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible.
- For Ontario teams that are unable to attend a Regional (event outside of Ontario) event:
- If a Team is unable to attend an Additional Regional Event because of circumstances beyond its control, the Team must notify FIRST HQ as soon as possible by submitting to FIRST HQ an Event Status Change Request form, by email to email@example.com and;
- If FIRST HQ is able to register a replacement Team for the Event, FIRST HQ will refund 100% of the amount paid to the person or entity that paid the Additional Event Fee for the Event; else
- If FIRST HQ is not able to register a replacement Team for the Event, FIRST HQ will issue to the Team a voucher for 75% of the amount paid, applicable to an Additional Event in the 2023 Season.