The Costs Involved in Forming a FIRST Robotics Competition team
FIRST Canada grant: $1,450 Canadian Dollars
Final cost to register for the Provincial Champs: $3,750 Canadian Dollar
FIRST Robotics Competition Team Registration and Payments
There are costs involved with forming a FIRST Robotics Competition team and they can vary from team to team and across districts/regions. Ontario is a “District” area for FRC events.
- Registering at firstinspires.org
- Please do NOT make payment here. Please note: firstinspires.org website will not reflect teams’ actual financial standing.
- Ontario FRC teams will be issued an invoice (from FIRST Robotics Canada) for your team registration fees. Please refer to FIRST Canada invoices for all financial information for teams.
- Ontario Veteran FIRST Robotics Competition Team Fee
- Registration Fee: $8,800 CAD
- 2023 FIRST Robotics Canada Grant: $800
- Total 2023 Registration Team Fee: $8000
- Ontario Rookie FIRST Robotics Competition Team Fee
- Registration Fee: $8,500 CAD
- 2023 FIRST Robotics Canada Grant: $2000
- Total 2023 Registration Team Fee: $6500
Rookie Teams can also apply for the $4000 USD grant. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
The above fees include 2 Ontario District events team registration, and a robot competition kit of parts (KOP).
ADDITIONAL EVENTS (3rd plays)
Additional District Event Fees: $1,300 CAD for Ontario District teams and $1,000 USD for US-based district teams. Payments should be made directly to FIRST Robotics Canada through below.
Payments must be made in Canadian dollars to FIRST Robotics Canada by November 30, 2022.
- Credit Card – Click the link on your invoice that states “Pay with Credit Card” and credit card information will need to be provided in the following screen.
- Cheque – Cheques to be made payable to FIRST Robotics Canada. Please indicate your team number and that the payment is for registration in the memo section of the cheque and send it to FIRST Robotics Canada’s post office box at:
P.O. Box 518
Pickering, ON L1V2R7
- Purchase Order (School Boards Only) – E-mail the purchase order to firstname.lastname@example.org. Net 30 payment terms apply. Purchase orders are accepted only from school boards.
If you require more information about registering or applying grants to registration fees, contact William Neal at email@example.com
Registration Fees paid to FIRST Robotics Canada to register for the 2023 FIRST® Robotics Competition Season (“Initial Registration Fee”) and Additional Event Fee(s) are non-refundable except as expressly set forth below.
- Initial Registration Fee
- The person or entity that paid the Initial Registration Fee shall be entitled to a 100% refund of the amount paid if the refund request is submitted to FIRST Robotics Canada (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) before the Team receives the Kickoff Kit.
- Initial Registration Fees will not be refunded under any circumstances, even if the FIRST Robotics Competition season is cancelled, in whole or in part.
- Additional Event Fee(s) - 3rd Plays:
- The person or entity that paid the Additional Event Fee shall be entitled to a 100% refund of the amount paid if the refund request is submitted to FIRST Robotics Canada (by email to email@example.com) before the Team receives the Kickoff Kit.
CHANGING EVENT REGISTRATION:
FIRST® Robotics Competition Teams may request to change any Event registration to a comparable Event by submitting a request (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org). Event registration changes are subject to availability and approval by FIRST Robotics Canada.