Costs and Grants
- 1 Team Meeting Guide: Comprehensive guide provides facilitators with guidance and lesson plans on how to run 10 sessions and end with a culminating celebration. It includes student outcomes, handy tips, suggested tasks, and questions. >View a sample
- 8 Engineering Notebooks: These printed student workbooks provide open spaces to write and draw ideas to the provided prompts. One page of the notebook is filled in during two classes and children can use their engineering notebooks at their final event to share what they created. >View a sample
- 2 Discover Sets: These sets include an exclusive set of LEGO® DUPLO® elements students will use as a starting point to explore how STEM relates to their world as they create an obstacle course.
- 8 Discover More Sets :
- LEGO® Six Bricks take-home sets for each student to extend and reinforce their habits of learning at home with their parents.
CLASS PACK START-UP COSTS ~$770
- Class Pack Registration Fee* of $220 CAD ($175 USD) includes:
- 1 Meeting Guide
- 2 LEGO® DUPLO Discover Sets
- 8 Engineering Notebooks
- 8 DUPLO Discover More sets for students and their parents
- 2 DUPLO STEAM Park Sets**: approx. $545 ( purchased from Spectrum or B&B Education)
* Varies depending on exchange rate and shipping costs
** Reusable from year to year after the initial investment
2022-23 Season - FIRST LEGO League Discover Grants
- Are you looking to bring a FIRST LEGO League Discover program back to your classroom or community*? If so, you may be eligible to receive a grant in the amount of $250
- Grant recipients must agree to run the program for more than one season
- The grant cannot be combined with the LEGO Foundation grant
- Click here for instructions about how to create a user profile and Class Pack account and to purchase a FIRST LEGO League Discover Class Pack. Please await notification from FIRST Headquarters that your payment has been processed.
- Order enough DUPLO STEAM Park sets for your desired ratio (recommend 4:1 or 7 sets for a class of 28) from B&B Education by contacting Nathalie Laquerre at firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 616-7472 or from Spectrum by contacting customer service at (800) 668-0600.
- Please retain proof of payment for both the registration fees and the STEAM Park sets as these will be required for completion of the grant application.