Code of Conduct
FIRST volunteers play a significant role in the success of the organization while demonstrating the importance of Gracious Professionalism at all times
- Treat everyone fairly, regardless of gender, ethnic background, religion, political belief, or economic status.
- Conduct yourself in a manner that demonstrates a positive role model and a responsible steward of FIRST.
- Respect the dignity of the participants and all other Volunteers.
- Always ensure the safety of participants and Volunteers.
- Refrain from public criticism of participants or other Volunteers, use of profane, insulting, harassing, or otherwise offensive language while volunteering.
- Abstain from and discourage the use of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco products in conjunction with the FIRST event
Dress Code: Take your lead from the Volunteer Coordinator at the event and dress appropriately for the job you are doing. Casual clothing is fine, but we ask that your attire be neat and conservative.
Equal Opportunity: FIRST provides an equal Volunteering opportunity for everyone regardless of age, sex, color, race or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. All matters relating to Volunteering are based upon ability to perform the job, as well as dependability and reliability.
Non-Compliance: Failure to adhere to policies of FIRST is cause for release