FIRST Lego League Jr. (FLL Jr.)
Focused on building an interest in science and engineering in children ages 6-10, FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. (FLL Jr.®) is a hands-on program designed to capture young children’s inherent curiosity and direct it toward discovering the possibilities of improving the world around them. Just like FIRST® LEGO® League (FLL®), this program features a real-world challenge, to be solved by research, critical thinking and imagination. Guided by adult coaches and the FLL Jr. Core Values, students work with LEGO elements and moving parts to build ideas and concepts and present them for review.
What does a FIRST LEGO League Jr. team need?
- 2+ adult Coaches motivated to guide the team through the season that have officially registered and completed the Youth Protection Policy requirements – no technical experience required
- Up to 6 students ages 6 to 10 willing to meet one or two days per week
- A meeting place, either public or private, that has internet access
- LEGO pieces to build your model, including the “Inspire Set” (included with registration cost) and the WeDo 2.0 starting August 2017 (can be reused annually and is available for purchase at http://spectrum-nasco.ca)
Students get to:
- Design and build challenge solutions using LEGO elements
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Research challenges facing today’s scientists
- Learn team-building and presentation skills
- Develop Show-Me posters
- Build comradery and make new friends
- Share ideas and talents
- HAVE FUN!